Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

No Fire Campfire S'mores

I love chocolate (I think I might have mentioned that in the last blog), so do all my little Sweet Tooth kiddos... I proudly passed down the "chocolate love" gene to all of them.  But something that our taste buds love even more than your run-of-the-mill chocolate is Nutella.  You know, that dreamy, creamy better-than-peanut-butter-chocolate-hazelnut-put-it-on-anything-make-it-taste-phenomenal chocolate spread.  A friend in college introduced it to me on a humble piece of white bread and I thought for sure that there was gold on that slice.  At our house, we eat it on fruit, pretzels, toasted bagels, toast, waffles, bread, spoons, fingers...I think you understand our affection.  We bake it in our brownies, top our ice cream with it, heat it up in our fondue and slather our crepes with it before we roll them up with bananas and strawberries.  There really is no wrong way to eat it, just undiscovered ways.  


A friend of mine over at Everyday Mom's Meals inspired me to great snacking heights when she showcased Nutella as the chocolate component in a s'more...ummm HELLO!!!.  Why had I never thought of that?!  So, when my husband put up our tent in the backyard so the kids and I could do a little "camping", I thought I'd surprise the kids with some Nutella S'mores for a snack...I didn't get a picture of their faces while they were eating (it was dark and my hands were covered with Nutella!), but suffice it to say, I had three happy little mouths that evening!  


Next time you're camping in, give this recipe a try...you'll have a very happy sweet tooth!


NO FIRE CAMPFIRE S'MORES
graham crackers, in squares
Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
-  large  marshmallows


1. Each person gets 2 graham cracker squares...one square gets the Nutella, the other one gets the marshmallow.


Graham cracker squares, loaded up and ready to go!
2. Place the crackers with the marshmallows in the microwave and heat for approximately 20 seconds per 4 marshmallows.  Keep an eye on them...they get poofy pretty quick!

Marshmallows after a few turns in the microwave.
3. Put the Nutella covered cracker on top of the marshmallow and squish down...make sure you have a napkin handy!!

No fire campfire S'mores...all ready for a trio of hungry kiddos!
(and me!)

I hope you get the chance to try these out - you will not be disappointed!  In fact, you'll sweet tooth will be begging for more!

-Momma Sweet Tooth





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nod! I can't wait to try these myself:)

    ReplyDelete